Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Upcoming sale ^_^;;

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whee! Why do you sell this things just right now when I have no money? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    That's mean! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Anyway, I hope you can sell it very expensive. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^^;;; Apologies for the bad timing... on the other hand, I don't make a habit of monitoring anyone else's bank account, so it wasn't intentional or anything...

    I just hope I make back what they cost. (I'm torn because theoretically I'd like to make a profit, so I can apply that to future manga collecting, but on the other hand I "know" quite a few of the potential bidders, and I want friends to get a good deal too... that's one of the reasons I try to get lightweight extras whenever I plan on making a Celga bid: so that they can kind of "hide" from the shipping costs because they won't bump it into another price range if I'm lucky, and then whoever buys them from me doesn't have to get hit with Japanese import shipping fees...)

  3. #13
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As a compulsive hoarder of stuff, I dont know how you can YK goods! I need to buy an second house just to keep all my material posessions in...(Anyway I'm off out tonight to spend my unemplyment benefits on cocktails and unwary goth boys).
    Oh, hello Countess D, btw. I'm losing track of all these new faces...er, avatars.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, nobody's bid on the drama CD. That was the one I figured would be most likely to sell because everything else it is theoretically possible to get at a Japanese bookstore in the US... go figure... ^^;;

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the aunction has been officially closed.

    That?s so unfair! I really though that I would win the bid. I want the ?GodChild? mangas >o< [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] !!!

    Well, there?s nothing I can do about it. Next time I will place the highest bid at the last moment just like the one who won did. At least I will get to keep the money I was saving (its very rare of me to get the money so fast). Well, I guess this wasn't my week [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

    Oh! Risu, about the CD, it was a good and very rare item, but at least to me it wouldn?t have been a good investment for my pocket since I wouldn?t be able to understand anything.

    Does anyone know how I can get Kaori Yuki?s stuff at reasonable prizes (and with shipping to latin america)? -_-U

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well... www.jpqueen.com WILL ship to Latin America; the thing is it costs even more to ship from Japan to Panama than it does from Japan to the US. ^^;;

    Since they're a used manga store, you also have to keep an eye on their stock to see when they've got what you want.

    For example, I picked 6 Yuki Kaori manga off the list (not all of them God Child; they're missing a few at the moment; this was to get a price estimate for the equivalent of what I had up for auction).

    The price for the manga was $25.40 (which is about what my auction started at).

    They weighed 1050 grams.

    Then the shipping options to South America were $43 for EMS, $26 for airmail, or $15 for surface mail.

    On the other hand, the shipping on my auction to Panama would have been $17 for airmail or $9 for surface mail.

    So the JPQueen route would cost you from $40 (8 weeks) to $68 (1 week).

    The auction's starting price would cost from $34 (8 weeks) to $42 (1 week).

    What's most remarkable about that is that shipping from America via a fast method only costs $2 more than shipping from Japan via the slowest available method...

    So you can get them straight from Japan, but it's going to have a higher shipping fee involved...

    I got that 6-set when I spotted a really good deal on them at Yahoo Japan, and even adding $11 for the Celga fees and $10 for the shipping (as part of another shipment) made it turn out about $28 total cost to me. So I could resell them for something that was a reasonable amount for people bidding on them here.

    It's tricky to reliably find deals like that, but I do keep my eyes open... if I find another set like that and the furoku, would people be interested in another auction...?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •